Thursday, September 30, 2010

VISUAL Cookbook?

One thing I am proud of is I follow Ellen Lupton (@ellenLupton) on Twitter. High five? Anyway, today I came across one of her tweets about a visual cookbook from IKEA. All I focused on were those four letters that reminded me of my love for IKEA. So what did I do? Well, I clicked on the link of course and discovered clever uses of everyday food, ingredients, and cooking utensils. Here are some examples:




The design is evenly laid out and very creative, except for one problem- I don't know what it is supposed to be. I first assumed the design contained ingredients for a particular dish, but I can't really make out what all of the ingredients are to determine what the dish may be. Another problem is the text on the page is in Swedish (I think), so when I could have read to find out what was going on, I couldn't because I am limited to English only.

I really like the design, but I am in desperate need of help to find out what it means! I want to believe the message of the design is not difficult to put together, unlike most of IKEA's furniture. Can anyone help me?

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are very cool. If the cook book cooks like I do, just smash all the food together and see what it makes. Also, I love ikea too

    ReplyDelete