Monday, September 27, 2010

Visual and Verbal DEFINITION

I came across a couple of pages in my September 2010 edition of Real Simple magazine that demonstrates how products are defined visually and verbally. Let's take a look at the visual definition.


This particular page shows how to use cornflakes to make delicious snacks. There are actual recipes with visuals of the ingredients and the final result. This page stood out to me because it works with cornflakes, which I hadn't spoken of since I referred to my flaky peers as such. Also, the idea of using cornflakes to create tasty food besides fried chicken captured me. I think Real Simple does a great job showing us how the individual ingredients combine to make the end result.

Now the verbal definition.


This is an ad for the V8 Fusion that tastes like cranberries! This visual doesn't provide much information about V8 Fusion or the ingredients in this beverage. The text adjacent to the glass  explains the product contains a full serving of fruit and vegetables with no added sugar. Oh, and all you taste is juice. For someone unfamiliar with V8 Fusion, this verbal definition informs that person of what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment