Friday, November 19, 2010

INFOgraphics!

I searched some infographics to get inspiration for this upcoming project. Needless to say, I came across some really good ones and some really bad ones. Then, I came across some that I wasn't sure about. Here's an example...


I thought this was interesting because it discusses the outbreak history of swine flu, its different phases, the effects on humans, treatment in humans and piggies, and more. I also thought it was cute, which is probably why I was drawn to it. I think it works, but I also think some of the images aren't really necessary. Then again, the images add to the playfulness of a serious subject, and I think that's what the designer wanted to convey. I think I'm just torn. Click here to get a better view of this infographic.

Anywho, I came across a really bad infographic. One that I know is bad. Here it is.


Can you say YUCK? If I saw this in a publication, I would surely keep it moving. That is all about this one. If anyone wants a clearer view of this infographic, click here. Let me know what it's about. Thx!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Piggy Trouble infographic. The bright pink on black with shades of gray caught my eye. You're right - some of the images aren't essential to the information but it's not distracting to me. I like all the little characters and their wandering eyes. Maybe it's not the MOST professional infographic out there for swine flu, but it's the cutest one I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete